Making Clear Melt & Pour Soap From Scratch
The twist with my melt and pour soap is that I did not use sorbitol like almost all the other recipes out there. I didn't have any. But since I practice the ketogenic lifestyle, I have plenty of erythritol. I used that instead. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol as well. The main difference between the two is that sorbitol is a six-carbon sugar alcohol, while erythritol has four carbons.
I want to thank The Ultimate Guide To Hot Process Soap for the ratios that I used for this recipe. You can find the recipe on their page https://www.ultimatehpsoap.com/post/e....
⭐️⭐️⭐️ This is an ASMR video, which means that there is no talking. A lot of effort goes into recording and editing these videos. So if you are not into ASMR (rather than hitting the thumbs down button), I have just the thing for you! Livestream recordings! Yes, I stream soap making tutorials on Twitch every Thursday evening at 8 pm EST. If you have not already followed my Twitch account, please do so and let's get to know each other!
Here are the livestream recordings of this video.
Part One - http://bit.ly/33zqJbw
Part Two - http://bit.ly/2R40Iyp
Part Three - http://bit.ly/2Y0w5eE
⭐️⭐️⭐️ A few things I will do differently next time:
1. Add more glycerin. This soap recipe as written does not sweat at all, but I want to see how much it can take without sweating.
2. Warm my propylene glycol before adding it to the soap batter.
3. Use boiling hot water to dissolve my erythritol. I zapped my water in the microwave but it wasn't hot enough.
4. Let the soap harden in a warmer room. I believe that the latter three actions will definitely improve the clarity of the soap, although I am really pleased with the clarity of this batch.
⭐️⭐️⭐️ What I learned:
1. Leaving the soap in the crockpot longer after it is ready will darken it a bet, so it is best to mold it up asap.
2. Use a higher wattage crockpot. The one I used is one of my lesser performing pots. So the process took longer.
⭐️⭐️⭐️ All of the micas used are ethically sourced or synthetically produced. The essential oils are 100% natural, and the fragrances are phthalate-free and skin-safe. The glitters are biodegradable and derived from sustainable sources.
*To follow me on all of my social media outlets and be the first to get sales info and coupons, please visit http://bit.ly/2ZjVYFH. You can also contact me and/or sign up for my newsletter.
*My Amazon Influencer Page https://amzn.to/2wMwcOc (This is an affiliate link.)
My Twitch twitch.tv/zajanatural
My Mixer mixer.com/zajanatural
The equipment I use in my videos:
*18-135mm Sony lens https://amzn.to/2Ru9jZs
*Camera Microphone https://amzn.to/2Xeqaoz
*Metering Spoons https://amzn.to/2Xlng1a
*Waring Stick Blender https://amzn.to/2KoYXJz *
*Video editing software is done with Final Cut Pro X.